Are you a data engineering lead with experience of building distributed systems in the petabytes? Do you have strong experience in building and scaling messaging platforms like Kafka in the enterprise? Are you a people lead with experience of managing engineering teams?
This hyper growth tech start-up is seeking to recruit a Data Engineering Lead. You’ll have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the design, development and implementation of their new data engineering technologies.
You will technically lead an initial team of 8 data engineers (scaling the team to 50+) to implement distributed systems (Kafka) and server-less computing platforms (Lambda) able to process data transactions in the multi-terabytes/petabytes.
- 6+ years experience as a software engineer, developing distributed systems (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience in building server-less computing distributed systems (Lambda)
- People management experience (ideally direct teams of 20+)
- Open source code contribution
- Hands on experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand process business requirement
VP, Software Engineering application form
Hear first hand what our happy candidates and clients think.
They put it better than we ever could.
Speaking to great people, working with great companies and having fun whilst we do it is what drives us! Become a part of the new innovative age and work with one of the biggest recruiters in Big Data, Data Science and Machine Learning across the world.