Do you love exploring exceptionally large datasets? Exploring the potential of today’s data to answer the problems of future generations?
Big Cloud are working with a leading global insurer. The Data Science team are breaking new ground within the sector by exploring potential solutions to the problems of the future – How will insurance work for autonomous cars, unmanned trains, planes, drone? How do Insurers position themselves within a world that is changing rapidly? How does climate change affect crop yields? What are the chances of wildfires, and what is the cost of this? Etc.
Work within a team of four Data Scientists in Beijing, whilst also collaborating with teams from all around the world. Conduct research across an extremely vast array of subjects, design experiments, test hypotheses and train models that lead to solutions.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Extracting requirements from business colleagues by understanding their goals
- Designing complex algorithms
- Conduct highly advanced analytics of the output from your models to provide insights
- Apply Machine Learning to build, maintain and advance real-time decision systems
- Provide strategic recommendations for the acquisition of data
- Develop innovative approaches to solve questions that have no precedence – ground-breaking solution R&D
- Able to code at a production level – able to implement analytics solutions into a business
Skills and Experience:
- PhD or strong Masters degree
- Computer Science/Engineering background – also considered are computationally intense academic backgrounds in Mathematics or Physics
- 3-5 years of coding – experience within PhD is accepted
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques
- Ability to show your work, present/demonstrate your solutions and to educate colleagues on the use and benefit of your creations
- Strong Python, and ideally, Java
- Statistical modelling in SAS, R, MATLAB, Mathematica etc.
- Knowledge across Machine Learning, especially within statistical forecasting, time-series analysis and optimisation analytics
- Some flexibility for occasional local travel or short trips to Europe
- Must be fluent in Mandarin and English
What you’ll get in return:
- Western work culture, hours and targets
- No two projects are ever the same
- Massive datasets to train your models
- Very generous remuneration and bonuses
This is an opportunity to join a business regarded top of their field, that house world-class talents within Data Science and dedicate time to answering questions that will affect us in 30-40 years as well as today. If this sounds exciting, apply by sending your CV to us now!
Big Cloud is a Data Science and Machine Learning recruiting firm. We’re lucky enough to recruit the best candidates into the most exciting companies all over the world.
We try to reply to all unsuccessful applications, but we’re human (for now).
Check out www.bigcloud.io/hotjobs to see what else we’re recruiting for.
Big Cloud are working as a recruiting company in relation to this vacancy.
Hear first hand what our happy candidates and clients think.
They put it better than we ever could.
Speaking to great people, working with great companies and having fun whilst we do it is what drives us! Become a part of the new innovative age and work with one of the biggest recruiters in Big Data, Data Science and Machine Learning across the world.
Senior Data Scientist, responsible for developing analytic tools and services that serve use-cases across the APAC region; how are crop yields affected in China with climate change?
New York, US - New York
Join a high growth tech company in New York as a data scientist! Are you passionate about building machine learning products that drive real business value? We’re working with an exciting start-up who is shaking up the marketing industry! This company is a customer data platform built…
New York, US - New York
We’re looking for a Data Science Manager. How would you like to manage a talented team of 6 data scientists? Are you passionate about marketing technology? This company is a customer data platform built for marketing. Founded in 2014 they have gone from strength to strength, having…