Big Cloud is working with one of the world’s top household brands in the Insurance industry. The data science team create highly advanced risk models for some of the most interesting problems we face today and in the future – climate change, catastrophe management, cybercrime and the insurance behind changes in technology (autonomous vehicles for instance).
What will you do?
You will be a Senior Data Scientist, responsible for developing analytic tools and services that serve use-cases across the APAC region; how are crop yields affected in China with climate change? What major buildings are at risk of flood/fire damage in Malaysia? How can businesses prepare new risk models in light of technological changes?
- Meet with business teams to identify what groundbreaking analytics services can be developed; understand the impact and deliver against strategic objectives.
- Use state-of-the-art data science platforms and tools to implement advanced analytics projects across the region.
- Promote knowledge, skills and services through compelling presentations internally and externally.
- Stay abreast of the latest analytics topics, techniques and technologies, continuously learning and thinking about how these could be incorporated into the business.
What do you need?
- PhD with a minimum of two years’ commercial experience.
- or Masters with more than 3 years of experience in data science. The degree should be in a quantitative field.
- Prior experience in insurance/finance/financial services is preferred. We will also consider people who have worked at consultancies with experience in these domains.
- Solid and in-depth theoretical understanding of machine learning (random forests, bagging, boosting, decision trees, etc).
- Proven track record of data science delivery – able to explain the impact they had (generating revenue or saving time for example).
- Experience in working with large and unstructured data (e.g. text or image)
- Working knowledge of cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP or relevant).
- Expert knowledge with Python / R / PySpark. Experience in front-end development and visualisation is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to talk with other data professionals, as well as leaders from other departments.
- Keen to travel across the APAC region.
Big Cloud is a Machine Learning recruiting firm. We’re lucky enough to recruit the best candidates into the most exciting companies all over the world.
We try to reply to all unsuccessful applications, but we’re human (for now).
- Check out bigcloud.io/jobs to see what else we’re recruiting for
Hear first hand what our happy candidates and clients think.
They put it better than we ever could.
Speaking to great people, working with great companies and having fun whilst we do it is what drives us! Become a part of the new innovative age and work with one of the biggest recruiters in Big Data, Data Science and Machine Learning across the world.
London, United Kingdom
Are you an excellent, entrepreneurial Data Scientist with a passion for all things start-up? Do you want a high-impact role developing an exciting product?
The Data Science team are breaking new ground within the sector by exploring potential solutions to the problems of the future
Passionate about Gaming and would like to apply your Data Science skills to the gaming sector? Accomplished with R, Python and large data sets and therefore confident with data visualisation tools? Product development, and stakeholder engagement a key part of this role therefore it requires you to be a confident communicator…