Experience 5 Years
Want to work with leaders from the likes of Google and Oracle? Do you like the sound of an established company with a start-up machine learning division? Want to create a beautifully functioning platform?
One of the world’s most well-established leaders in the logistics arena has created a centre-of-excellence in Singapore with the aim of creating a digital transformation based on a machine learning-driven internal platform of advanced tools and applications. They have managed to attract some big-hitters from companies like Google and Oracle, due to the interesting nature of the problems they’re solving and the backing from the wider business.
The platform will allow internal users to track assets in real-time, predict fuel prices, weather, economic changes, sentiment analysis, automate with chatbots and 100’s of other use-cases.
One example is the advanced mapping solution. They are developing an interactive map that plots the exact location of any specific vehicle within the asset group. When a user selects any one vehicle, live information will overlay. Different possible routes will highlight in colours specific to the information it is displaying – best route for time, mileage or next journey. It will also show real-time information, links to other applications within the platform, predictive insights and lots more.
The platform needs to be highly efficient, so we’re looking for an experienced and proven UX Designer that is able to understand the user and the drivers that will encourage uptake of products within the business. This is an opportunity to gain access across multiple departments, understand current technologies and the use of those technologies, and to formulate ideas as to how we can translate these into the new platform to make processes 10x better.
What will you do?
- Develop and test features within complex applications built with React, Redux, ES7, CSS Modules and other modern technologies
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the wider business to assess what features could revolutionise their workload and output
- Learn about new web technologies, problem-solve with a collaborative and creative team, develop areas of specialization within the team
What will you need?
- Experience using Sketch, creating nested symbols, using plug-ins, adhering to colour palettes and style guides
- Adobe CC Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator to create visual non-UI work such as icons
- Excellent knowledge and experience in responsive web design and UX design (including research, wireframing and prototyping)
- Experience in A/B testing would be useful
- Ability to work within a changeable/experimental environment (this is not an Agile team, they are in early-stage development)
What’s in it for you?
- Work on truly greenfield applications with the weight of support that only an MNC can provide
- Take ownership of research and help to formulate the direction on new products and features
- Work in a fresh environment that isn’t bogged down in red tape
- European company with a renowned culture that promotes equality and fair chances for all
- Collaborate with an extremely impressive roster of Data Scientists, Engineers and Developers – award-winning professionals, educated at top-100 institutions worldwide.
- Flexible work options
- Competitive remuneration package and benefits
- Professional development and career coaching
Big Cloud is a data science, machine learning and AI recruiting firm. We’re lucky enough to recruit the best candidates into the most exciting companies all over the world. We try to reply to all unsuccessful applications, but we’re only human (for now)!
In the meantime, check out our jobs page to see what else we’re recruiting for.