Experience 6 Years
Would you like to join an exciting tech start-up as a senior backend software engineer?
This company has received $12million in Series A funding…
Founded in 2016, this company is building tech that connects clients with subject matter experts across multiple industries. The core technology consists of a knowledge graph-based expert search engine, a global knowledge marketplace, an automated expert outreach platform, and a full-spectrum client support system.
The systems to support these platforms require very strong backend engineers to build sophisticated APIs, data processing pipelines, queuing and streaming systems, and more. This is a great opportunity for strong, inquisitive engineers with clever solutions, and a desire to join a small but fast-growing team (< 40) to get in early and influence the companies technology.
You will work in the core platform team (5/6 people) and report directly to the team lead.
- Develop production-grade software that is modular, reusable, scalable, and highly functioning
- Build software that scales horizontally involving topics such as RESTful APIs
- Performant background jobs that consume queues
- Collaborate with other technology team members on solution design and code review
- Select new technologies/languages/tools/frameworks
- Perform debugging, tech debt resolution, and continuous code quality improvement
- Use test-driven development (TDD) and maintain test coverage
- Introduce engineering process improvements and tools (depending on seniority level)
- Mentoring/pair programming/leadership (depending on seniority level)
- Strong ownership of projects from inception to production
Key Skills/ Technology
- 6 years of software engineering minimum
- Strong Java experience across multiple projects
- Tech stack: Spring or Spring Boot + JPA/Hibernate
- Have built several Web applications, especially REST APIs
- Strong SQL experience with any common relational database
- Experience implementing standard authentication systems (e.g. OAuth using Spring Security) and have a firm understanding of how authentication works in modern web applications
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum teams
- Regularly practice test-driven development (TDD) with unit and integration tests using frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, etc.
- Be extremely comfortable working with version control and branching (e.g. Git)
- Comfortable with systems that scale horizontally (e.g. Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, EC2 behind a load balancer)
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Spring Boot Security
- Helm charts
- SOLID Design Principles
The company is offering a highly competitive salary, plus bonus and equity.
If you’re looking to take your career to the next level and join a startup that’s really going places, look no further.
Big Cloud is a machine learning recruiting firm. We’re lucky enough to recruit the best candidates in the most exciting companies all over the world. We try to reply to all applications, but we’re only human, for now! So, you may only hear from us if you are successful.
Check out www.bigcloud.io/jobs to see what else we’re recruiting for.