Experience No experience required
Enjoy spotting trends within data? Able to shape them into insights? Drive those insights to improve products, decisions, optimisation and more? Want to work with a global leader in Insurance?
Big Cloud is working with one of the leading Insurance firms. The Insights team use one of the world’s biggest insurance data-sets to drive insights within the business and for partner businesses.
This is an extremely important team based in Beijing, with sister offices based in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo. Together, they provide data-driven advice, models and products that shape decisions across the life & health portfolio.
You will occasionally travel to Europe and other offices in Asia to partner on special projects. For this reason, it is important to have good business-level English-speaking skills and be a native Chinese-speaker.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Understanding where improvements can be made within the business.
- Extract data, create experiments, model the data, churn out valuable insights and package those insights into; data tools, products or beautiful presentations.
- Able to demonstrate the value of your insights; paint a picture with the data that will impassion managers and other colleagues to use your insights to the maximum potential.
- Assist to design and shape the automatic data reporting lines.
- Create underwriting improvements and prototypes using data insights.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong SQL – able to extract the data you need from extremely large sets (highly conditioned merges, extraction of attributes from recursive tables etc.).
- Python – analyses, reporting and visualisations.
- Experience with visualisation and analytics packages (MSBI, Tableau or similar) and development of mock-ups and dashboards.
- Statistical knowledge and experience in performing multi-variate analyses using appropriate packages.
- Some flexibility for occasional local travel or short trips to Europe and the rest of Asia.
- Must be native Chinese-speaker and also have business-level English-speaking skills.
What you’ll get in return:
- Western work culture, hours and targets.
- Massive datasets to train your models.
- Generous remuneration and bonuses.
- China’s top employee benefits package.
This is an opportunity to join a business regarded top of their field, that house world-class talents within Data Science and dedicate time to answering questions that will affect us in 30-40 years as well as today. If this sounds exciting, apply by sending your CV to us now!
Big Cloud is working as a recruiting company in relation to this vacancy.
Big Cloud is a data science, machine learning and AI recruiting firm. We’re lucky enough to recruit the best candidates into the most exciting companies all over the world. We try to reply to all unsuccessful applications, but we’re only human (for now)!
In the meantime, check out our jobs page to see what else we’re recruiting for.